On Sunday I continued our series at Oxford Community Church on the character of God, and I spoke on the theme of God as the Just and Gracious Judge.
In particular we considered:
- How God’s perfect character makes him uniquely able to set moral law for humanity
- How God intends to bring about justice
- What “the Day of the Lord” is all about, and why it is good news for a broken world
- The significance of Jesus’ death and resurrection for our ‘Justification’
- What believers can expect from the Day of Judgment, and how we should live in the light of it
We covered a lot of ground! I trust some of it will be helpful to you.
If you’re interested, you can check out the audio or the video (the talk starts at about 1 hour 12 mins in the livestream).
You may also find this talk on the wrath of God in Romans 12 helpful – it covers some similar ground, but also fleshes out a bit more the particular idea of God’s ‘wrath.’
If you found this post helpful or thought-provoking (even if you disagreed with it!) chances are someone else you know may do too. So please take a moment to share it on social media. If you would like to support me further, please consider buying me a coffee via my ko-fi page.
Photo by Nijwam Swargiary on Unsplash